The Routledge Atlas of American History
This new edition of The Routledge Atlas of American Historypresents a series of 157 clear and detailed maps, accompanied by informative captions, facts and figures. Updated with additional maps and text and including significant recent events, the complete history of America is unravelled through vivid representations of all the significant landmarks, including:
* Politics - from the annexation of Texas to the battle for black voting rights and the results of the 2004 Presidential election
* military events - from the War of Independence and America's standing in two world wars to the conflicts in Korea, Vietnam and the Gulf, includes new maps covering the war in Iraq, the American campaign in Afghanistan and the War on Terror
* social history - from the abolition of slavery to the growth of female emancipation
* transport - from nineteenth-century railroads and canals to recent ventures into space
* economics - from early farming and industry to the state of America today.
The history of North America from early settlement to the present day is presented to students and enthusiasts of the subject in this fundamental reference book.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Other editions - View all
African-American aircraft Allied American April areas arms Atlantic Atlantic Ocean attack August Britain British Bush C A N A D A c e a n CANADA CAROLINA Churchill citizens Cold War COLOMBIA December defence economic aid Europe forces France French George W Germany Gulf of Mexico hazardous waste hazardous waste sites HONDURAS immigrants Indians Iraq Iraqi Island January Japan Japanese July June killed kilometres kilometres 500 Kuwait land map shows March Martin Gilbert Martin Gilbert 1993 Martin Gilbert 2005 miles military million barrels million º missiles naval North November º Martin º º º Ocean Pacific PHILIPPINES population Roosevelt Routledge Atlas Russian September settlements slaves Somalia SOUTH South Korea Soviet Union Spain Spanish TERRITORY Texas Tºº Treaty U.S. troops Vietminh Vietnam votes Washington Zºº