The Science Fiction Handbook
offers a comprehensive andaccessible survey of one of the literary world's most fascinatinggenres.
- Includes separate historical surveys of key subgenres includingtime-travel narratives, post-apocalyptic and post-disasternarratives and works of utopian and dystopian science fiction
- Each subgenre survey includes an extensive list of relevantcritical readings, recommended novels in the subgenre, andrecommended films relevant to the subgenre
- Features entries on a number of key science fiction authors andextensive discussion of major science fiction novels orsequences
- Writers and works include Isaac Asimov; Margaret Atwood; GeorgeOrwell; Ursula K. Le Guin; The War of the Worlds (1898);Starship Troopers (1959); Mars Trilogy (1993-6); andmany more
- A 'Science Fiction Glossary' completes this indispensableHandbook