The Statute Law of Griqualand West: Comprising Government Notices, Proclamations, and Ordinances, Together with an Appendix Containing the Regulations Promulgated and Enacted from the Date of the Annexation of the Province as British Territory to the Date of Its Annexation to the Cape Colony
W. A. Richards & sons, printer, 1882 - 502 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Administrator advice aforesaid allowed amount appear application appointed authorized Barkly Board Cape cause certificate charge Civil claim claimholder Colony Commissioner Company consent Constable conviction Council Court deemed diamonds direct district division duly duty effect election enacted enter entitled established Executive expedient Expenditure on account five follows force further give given Government Notice Governor granted Griqualand West hereby High Court Hope Hundred imprisonment Inspector issued justice Kimberley labour land lawful Legislative Council less liable licence liquors Majesty manner master mentioned miner Mining months native necessary offence officer Ordinance owner paid passed payment peace penalty period person Police pounds powers Proclamation promulgation Province of Griqualand receive registered regulations repealed Resident Magistrate respect rules Schedule servant shillings signed Stamps sterling sum not exceeding taken term territory thereof Thousand Town unless vote whereas
193. oldal - I AB do sincerely promise and swear, That I will be faithful, and bear true allegiance, to their Majesties King William and Queen Mary: So help me God.
85. oldal - ... any meat drink entertainment or provision to or for any person, for the purpose of corruptly influencing that person or any other person to give or refrain from giving his vote...
256. oldal - British possession of this Act, or of any part thereof, so far as it relates to such foreign state, and so long as such law or ordinance continues in force there, and no longer ; or direct that such law or ordinance, or any part thereof, shall have effect in such British possession, with or without modifications and alterations, as if it were part of this Act.
408. oldal - I, AB, do swear that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Victoria, Her heirs and successors according to law. So help me God!
84. oldal - ... any voter, or to or for any other person, in order to induce such voter to vote, or refrain from voting, or shall corruptly do any such act as aforesaid, on account of any voter having voted or refrained from voting at any election : 3.
85. oldal - Every elector, who before or during any election, directly or indirectly, by himself or by any other person on his behalf, receives, agrees, or contracts for any money, gift, loan, or valuable consideration, office, place, or employment, for himself or for any other person, for voting or agreeing to vote, or for refraining or agreeing to refrain from voting, at any election ; 7.
359. oldal - Britain, to be made and levied of their several goods and chattels, lands and tenements respectively, to the use of our said Lady the Queen, Her Heirs and Successors, if he the said AB shall fail in the condition indorsed.
405. oldal - Governor to do and execute all things that belong to his said office, according to the tenor of these our letters patent and of such commission as may be issued to him under our sign manual and signet, and according to such instructions as may from time to time be given to him under our sign manual and signet, or by our order in our Privy Council, or by us, through one of our principal Secretaries of State, and to such laws as are now or shall hereafter be in force in the State.
410. oldal - Dominion, a pardon, either free or subject to lawful conditions or any respite of the execution of the sentence of any such offender, for such period as to Our said Governor-General may seem fit, and to remit any fines, penalties, or forfeitures, which may become due and payable to Us.