The System of Doctrines: Contained in Divine Revelation, Explained and Defended. Showing Their Consistence and Connexion with Each Other. To which is Added a Treatise on the Millenium, 1. kötet
Lincoln & Edmands, 1811
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according Adam affection agency agreeable angels answer appears asserted attend beginning believe benevolence blindness body called cause character church consequence considered consistent constitution contrary created creature curse darkness death decrees desirable determined disinterested divine doctrine equally eternal evidence evil excellence exercise existence express eyes Father fixed forever former give given glory greater greatest hand happiness hath heart heaven highest holy human implied important infinite instance Jesus Christ John kind knowledge latter least less light Lord mankind manner means mind moral agency nature necessary obedience object observed opposed opposition origin particular perfect person possible proper punishment reason Redeemer redemption represented respect revelation says scripture sense sinful sinners speak Spirit suffering supposed take place taken things thou threatening tion true truth understanding universal unto whole wholly wisdom wise
276. oldal - Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth He any man. But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
34. oldal - How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?
301. oldal - Christ ; who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and the glory of his power, when he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired by all them that believe.
25. oldal - For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me ; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.
62. oldal - In this was manifested the love of GOD towards us, because that GOD sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved GOD, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
482. oldal - But if our Gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: in whom the God of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious Gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
333. oldal - I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
158. oldal - Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?