The Ultimate Body: 10 Perfect Workouts for Women
Which exercises do the best job toning my thighs and legs?
What routine will really help me lose weight once and for all?
Why should I skip crunches if I’m trying to turn my beer belly into a six-pack?
If you’re looking for answers, just ask Lizzy. . . .
As America’s premier fitness guru, and the bestselling coauthor of Buns of Steel and Weight Training for Dummies, Liz Neporent has helped hundreds of satisfied individuals get in shape. Now she wants to help you! Easy-to-follow, results-oriented, and completely illustrated with photographs, The Ultimate Body is a dream come true for women looking to shed pounds, tone muscles, and feel the fittest they have ever felt in their lives. Inside you’ll discover
• Pre-workout prep: can-do motivational strategies, goal setting, and how to develop a workout schedule that is tailor-made for you
• The Perfect Beginner Workout: If you’re feeling out of shape, the “buff starts here”–with Modified Push-Ups, Partial Ab Rolls, and Pelvic Tilts
• The Perfect Gym Workout: Lizzy takes you step-by-step through the most effective machine circuit at the gym–and takes away the intimidation
• The Perfect Weight Loss Workout: Exercises that will help you lose body fat (and keep it off)–from jumping rope to Jumping Jacks
• The Perfect Strength Workout: Muscle building and strength maximizing routines–and the secrets of the world’s strongest athletes
• The Perfect No Crunch Abdominal Workout: Attain a flat, toned tummy–with Ball Crunches, Hovers, and Mini Leg Lowers
Plus–the Mind-Body Workout for calming the mind . . . the Travel Workout for keeping fit on the road . . . a Stretch Workout for improving flexibility and posture . . . the Perfect Legs and Butt Workout for tight buns and gorgeous gams . . . and the Perfect Upper-Body Workout for sculpting those muscles north of the waistline!
Highlighted throughout with personal stories and anecdotes from fitness experts and people who successfully put into practice Lizzy’s routines, this accessible guide makes feeling fit and looking great a snap–go sweat!
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
PERFECT QUESTIONS PERFECT ANSWERS
THE PERFECT BEGINNER WORKOUT
10 other sections not shown
Other editions - View all
aerobic ankle belly button bench bench press Bend your elbows Bend your knees biceps Biceps Curls body fat buttocks calories cardio chapter chest Circuit training curl diet dumbbell EAsier eating effort Suggested speed elliptical trainer exer exercise feel a strong feet hip width fitness flexibility floor forward free weights front goal hamstrings HARDER heart rate heart zone heels Hold inches inner thighs iVillage Joint Cautions keep look lose weight lower back lower body machines maximum effort Suggested mind-body move movement mph Suggested hill muscles neck palms facing percent Perfect Pilates Posture Pull your belly relaxed rest rope rotator cuff routine shoulders side slightly slowly spine Stand tall Starting Position straight straighten your arms strength training stretch Suggested hill grade thighs Things to Think toes trainer triceps upper back upper-body upward Variations walking warm-up week weight loss weight training workout yoga