The Whole Works Of...Oliver Heywood Now First Collected, Revised & Arranged Including Some Tracts Extremely Scarce & Others from Unpublished Manuscripts with Remoirs of His Life ...
J. Vint, 1825
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
affliction apostacy apostle assurance believe better betwixt blessed bring called Christian church comfort conscience cove covenant mercies creature death delight divine divine graces doth duty earth eternal evil eyes faith Father fear fill free grace fruit fulness gifts give glorious glory God the Father God's godly gospel gracious soul hand happy hath heaven heavenly heirs of promise hell hence holy Isaiah Jesus Christ John John iii John xvi keep live Lord Lord's Matt meditation mercies of David nant ness never OLIVER HEYWOOD ordinances peace pray prayer precious profit Prov Psal Psalm religion repentance rich righteousness saints saith salvation sanctified Satan saving Saviour Scripture shew sinners sins sirs soul's Spirit sure mercies sweet thee thereof things thou hast thoughts thy heart tion truth unto viii walk wicked word yourselves
65. oldal - A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good ; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil : for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.
184. oldal - Sum up at night what thou hast done by day, And in the morning, what thou hast to do. Dress and undress thy soul ; mark the decay And growth of it : if with thy watch, that too Be down, then wind up both ; since we shall be Most surely judged, make thy accounts agree.
81. oldal - By all means use sometimes to be alone. Salute thyself: see what thy soul doth wear. Dare to look in thy chest ; for 'tis thine own : And tumble up and down what thou find'st there.
443. oldal - Go and cry in the ears of Jerusalem, saying, Thus saith the Lord: I remember thee, the kindness of thy youth, the love of thine espousals, when thou wentest after me in the wilderness, in a land that was not sown.
386. oldal - One shall say, I am the Lord's; And another shall call himself by the name of Jacob; And another shall subscribe with his hand unto the Lord, And surname himself by the name of Israel.
384. oldal - Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire besides thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
85. oldal - are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth ; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.
22. oldal - Thy lips, O my spouse, drop as the honeycomb: honey and milk are under thy tongue; and the smell of thy garments is like the smell of Lebanon.
327. oldal - But I have greater witness than that of John : for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me that the Father hath sent me.
337. oldal - God ; who hath saved us and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began ; but is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and ha^th brought life and immortality to light through the gospel ; whereunto I am appointed a preacher and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.