The Works of Nathaniel Lardner, D.D. with a Life by Dr. Kippis ...
W. Bal, 1838
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Works of Nathaniel Lardner, D.D.: With a Life by Dr. Kippis
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2019
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
according Acts afterwards angels Antioch apostles appears believe body called century Christ christian church circumcised concerning consider dead death disciples early epistle evangelists expressions Father follows friends Gentiles gifts give given gospel Hebrews Holy Ghost hour intended Israel Jerusalem Jesus Jewish Jews John knew Lazarus learned likewise living Lord Luke manner Mark Mary Magdalene Matt meaning mentioned miracle Moses observe occasion opinion particular Paul persons Peter present proselytes quoted raised reason received refer rest Rome saith says scriptures seems seen sent sepulchre speak spices spirit strangers suppose taken Testament thee things thou thought told unto viii woman women writer
161. oldal - He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar ; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
391. oldal - And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him. Then said Jesus unto them, Be not afraid : go tell my brethren that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see me.
12. oldal - If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.
223. oldal - And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it ; cursed is the ground for thy sake : in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life.
97. oldal - How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil ; for God was with him.
143. oldal - As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them. 3 And when they had fasted and prayed, and laid their hands on them, they sent them away.
244. oldal - Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard, very costly, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment.
126. oldal - And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost...
183. oldal - For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth : who, when he was reviled, reviled not again ; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously...
377. oldal - Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken ! Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory ? And beginning at Moses, and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.