Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
affections apostle appears arise beauty believe body bring brought called cause chap Christ Christian comfort coming commandments concerning conscience consider consists conversion desire devil distinguishing divine duty eternal evidence evil excellency exercises experience expressions eyes faith false fear follow fruit give given glory God's godly gospel grace gracious hand hath hear heart heaven holy hope ideas immediate influence Jesus John judge judgment kind knowledge light live look Lord manifest manner means mind moral nature never object observed perfect persons practice principle profession promises proper Psal reason received rejoice religion religious respect righteousness rule saints saving scripture seems seen sense shew sight sinners sins soul speaks Spirit spoken suppose sweet thee things thou thoughts tion trial true truly truth understanding unto wicked yourselves
239. oldal - But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish. For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
208. oldal - And behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at meat in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster box of ointment, and stood at his feet behind him, •weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment.
215. oldal - Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility : for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
505. oldal - I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute: that the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation; from the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias, which perished between the altar and the temple : verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation.
25. oldal - And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it, Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes.
134. oldal - Set me as a seal upon thine heart, As a seal upon thine arm: For love is strong as death; Jealousy is cruel as the grave: The coals thereof are coals of fire, Which hath a most vehement flame.
195. oldal - ... we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.
505. oldal - And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee ; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee : for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived. 24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.
155. oldal - The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple. The. statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart: The commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.