Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
angels apostle appear beatific vision behold bestow blessed blessedness body children of Israel children of men Christ Jesus Christians church comfort conversion creature curse darkness day of judgment death delight devil divine dreadful dwell earnest earnestly earth elect enemies enjoyment eternal everlasting exalted exceedingly excellency faith Father fear give glorified glorious glory God the Father God's godly gospel grace greater happiness hath heart heavenly hell holy holy of holies honour hope infinite Israel Jesus Christ Jews judgment king kingdom labour light live Lord manifest manner Matth mercy ministers misery nature ness never Old Testament perfect person Pharisees pleasure praise pray prayer Psalms punishment rejoice respect righteousness saints in heaven salvation scripture seek sense sensible shine sight sinners sins sorrow soul spirit sufferings sweet thee things thou throne tion torment unto verse VIII wicked wickedness wrath wrath of God
373. oldal - But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven (that is, to bring Christ down from above,) or who shall descend into the deep : (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.) [But what saith
473. oldal - is Jesus that is spoken of, Isai. Ixiii. 9, "In all their affliction he was afflicted ; and the angel of his presence saved them ; in his love and in his pity he redeemed them ; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old." And when he was upon earth in his
321. oldal - that mourn ; to appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness ; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified. Isai. Ixi.
485. oldal - He that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger, and he that is chief as he that doth serve, for whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth ? is not he that sitteth at meat ? But I am among you as he that
254. oldal - the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz ; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth ; the twelfth, an amethyst. And the twelve gates were twelve pearls ; every several gate was of one pearl : and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were, transparent glass. And I saw
400. oldal - By him, therefore, let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to his name." Ps. 1. 13, 14. " Will I eat the flesh of bulls, or drink the blood of goats ? Offer unto God thanksgiving, and pay
248. oldal - And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, that ye which have followed me, in the regeneration, when the Son of man shall sit on the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
461. oldal - Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh, for his body's sake, which is the church." 2 Cor. xii. 15. "And I will very gladly spend and be spent for you.
242. oldal - ing, alleluia, salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God : For true and righteous are his judgments; for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand. And again they said, alleluia. And her smoke
7. oldal - Yet they say, the Lord shall not see, neither shall the God of Jacob regard it. Understand, ye brutish among the people ; and, ye fools, when will ye be wise ? He that planted the ear, shall he not hear ? he that formed the eye, shall he not see ?