The Works of President Edwards: Notes on the Bible
G. & C. & H. Carvill, 1830
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
Abraham agreeable apostle appears Assyria beginning behold blessing blood body bring brought called chap chapter Christ church cloud coming compared concerning continued covenant David death destroyed destruction divine earth Egypt enemies evident expression faith father fire fruit give given glorious glory God's gospel grace hand hath heart heaven holy Isai Israel Jerusalem Jesus Jews Judg judgment king kingdom land light living looked Lord manifest manner means mentioned Messiah Moses mountains nature offered Old Testament particularly pass person priest probably promise prophecies prophet Psalm received represented respect rest righteousness river saints says scripture seems servant signifies speak Spirit spoken sufferings suppose taken temple thee things thou tion tree true unto verse viii whole wilderness
335. oldal - the holy place. Thou hast ascended on high; thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men; yea, for the rebellious also, that the Lord God might dwell among them." These are the chariots in which Christ, ascended, as Elijah, in his ascension into heaven, did not ascend without chariots and horses of fire to
504. oldal - taught it, but by revelation of Jesus Christ;" and verse 15, 16, "But when it pleased God who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace to reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen, immediately 1 conferred not with flesh and blood.
365. oldal - It shall never be inhabited. But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there, and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures, and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there. And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces.
498. oldal - Maketh manifest the favour of his knowledge by us in every place. For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ in them that are saved, and in them that perish. To the one we are the savour of death, unto death, and to the other we are the savour of
419. oldal - all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the Lord of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch. But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of Righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and
33. oldal - xlv. 22. When God should bring the seed of his church from the east, and gather them from the west, and would say to the north, Give up, and to the south, Keep not back. Bring my sons from far and my daughters from the ends of the earth. Isaiah xliii. 6,
341. oldal - became the capital city. Ezek. xxx. 13. Wells' Sacred Geography, p. 8, 9, and p. 49, 50.  Psalm Ixxxiv. 3. " Yea, the sparrow hath found an house, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, even thine altars." The expletive even, which is not in
478. oldal - Many, O Lord my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts, which are to us ward ; they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee; if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered. Sacrifice and offering thou
378. oldal - remember the way which the Lord thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness to humble thee, and to prove thee, and to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments or no, and he humbled thee," &c. And ver. 16. "Who led thee through that great and terrible wilderness,
485. oldal - man have praise of God. The apostle in the two foregoing verses says, " But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment; yea, I judge not mine own self, yet am I not hereby justified, but he that