The Works of the Late Rev. T. Scott, Rector of Aston Sanford, Bucks, 8. kötet
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
according answer apostle appears appointed argument authority believe blessed bring called Calvin Calvinists cause certainly chosen Christ Christians church concerning conduct consequently considered consistent creatures death decree deserve determined divine doctrine effect election eternal everlasting evidently express faith fall Father give given glory God's gospel grace hand hath heart holy hope human implies inconsistent Israel Jesus Christ Jews John Judge judgment justice kind known language living Lord maintain mankind manner means mercy nature never obedience obey object passage perfections perish persons predestination present principles professed promise prove punishment reader reason receive redemption referred reprobation respect righteous salvation saved scripture sense sentiments shew sins speak Spirit spoken suppose sure things thou tion true truth universal unto vessels VIII whole wicked wisdom wrath writers
82. oldal - For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee.
124. oldal - The condition of man, after the fall of Adam, is such, that he cannot turn and prepare himself, by his own natural strength and good works, to faith, and calling upon God : wherefore we have no power to do good works pleasant and acceptable to God, without the grace of God by Christ preventing us, that we may have a good will, and working with us, when we have that good will.
170. oldal - Wherefore they which be endued with so excellent a benefit of God be called according to God's purpose by His Spirit working in due season : they through grace obey the calling...
295. oldal - But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
119. oldal - Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, and a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
275. oldal - HOLY Scripture containeth all things necessary to salvation : so that whatsoever is not read therein, nor may be proved thereby, is not to be required of any man, that it should be believed as an Article of the Faith, or be thought requisite or necessary to salvation.
169. oldal - PREDESTINATION to Life is the everlasting purpose of God, whereby (before the foundations of the world were laid) he hath constantly decreed by his counsel secret to us, to deliver from curse and damnation those whom he hath chosen in Christ out of mankind, and to bring them by Christ to everlasting salvation, as vessels made to honour.
122. oldal - I will send him against an hypocritical nation, and against the people of my wrath will I give him a charge, to take the spoil, and to take the prey, and to tread them down like the mire of the streets.
461. oldal - As the godly consideration of predestination, and our election in Christ is full of sweet, pleasant and unspeakable comfort to godly persons and such as feel in themselves the working of the spirit of Christ, mortifying the works of the flesh and their earthly members, and drawing up their mind to high and heavenly things...
306. oldal - And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.