The Works of the Long-mournful and Sorely-distressed Isaac Penington: Whom the Lord in His Tender Mercy, at Length Visited and Relieved by the Ministry of that Despised People, Called Quakers; and in the Springings of that Light, Life and Holy Power in Him, which They Had Truly and Faithfully Testified Of, and Directed His Mind To, Were These Things Written, and are Now Published as a Thankful Testimony of the Goodness of the Lord Unto Him, and for the Benefit of Others, 2. kötet
S. Clark, 1761
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
abide able according againſt alſo Anſw apoſtles appearance baptiſm believe bleſſed blood body bring called Chriſt church comes concerning covenant darkneſs death doth dwell earth enemy eternal everlaſting faith Father fear feed feel felt firſt fleſh foul give given glory God's God's Spirit goſpel grace hath hear heart heavenly himſelf holy inwardly Jeſus Jews judge judgment keep kingdom knowledge known letter light living Lord manifeſt mind miniſters muſt myſtery nature never obedience opened outward peace preached precious preſence pure Query receive revealed righteous righteouſneſs ſame ſaved ſay ſcriptures ſee ſeed ſenſe ſhall ſhould ſin ſome ſoul ſpeak Spirit Spirit and power ſtate ſuch taught thee thereof theſe things thoſe thou true truly truth turned underſtanding unto virtue voice wait walk wherein wiſdom witneſs worſhip
156. oldal - Now the Lord is that Spirit : and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, as by the Spirit of the Lord.
296. oldal - Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped. Then shall the lame man leap as an hart, and the tongue of the dumb sing : for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert.
340. oldal - That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed...
330. oldal - Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the LORD, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters saith the LORD Almighty...
243. oldal - The man answered and said unto them, Why herein is a marvellous thing, that ye know not from whence he is, and yet he hath opened mine eyes.
191. oldal - The Lord rewarded me according to my righteousness; According to the cleanness of my hands hath he recompensed me. For I have kept the ways of the Lord, And have not wickedly departed from my God.
234. oldal - It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.
631. oldal - For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly ; neither is that circumcision which is outward in the flesh : but he is a Jew, which is one inwardly ; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter ; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
545. oldal - As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. " If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever.