The Activist Cancer Patient: How to Take Charge of Your Treatment
Improve Your Odds of Surviving Cancer
Cancer survivor Beverly Zakarian knows firsthand that you can improve your odds of surviving cancer if you take an active role in your treatment. Now, you too can discover the benefits of taking charge. After all, you and your disease are unique, and so is your path to good health. Even the most caring of doctors needs your help to determine which treatment is best for you.
With this inspiring, practical book, Beverly Zakarian gives you step-by-step guidelines that will empower you to work with your doctor and within the medical system to find the most effective treatment options. Armed with the resources in this book, you'll be able to use activist techniques to:
* Talk intelligently with your physician and make informed decisions
* Research state-of-the-art treatments
* Understand how drug trials actually work
* Discover what "experimental treatment" really means
* Search out relevant medical journals and access reliable databases
* Enlist the help of medical specialists and support groups
What people are saying - Write a review
The activist cancer patient: how to take charge of your treatmentUser Review - Not Available - Book Verdict
Zakarian, a cancer survivor and executive director of Cancer Patients Action Alliance (CAN-ACT), a nonprofit advocacy group, writes movingly about her own experience with cancer and her difficulties ... Read full review
After readig this book I asked myself the following:
Need to lose weight?
How to lose weight fast ?
How to lose weight in a week ? And now ... read my successful story here
Some excerpts from my diary:
- exercise pregnancy during abdominal
- do it yourself cellulite remedies
- labrada proflexsports sports nutrition nutrition prices and
- best exercise fitness
- easy weight loss program