The Strategic Teacher: Selecting the Right Research-based Strategy for Every Lesson
The Strategic Teacher offers a repertoire of strategies designed and proven to meet today's high standards and reach diverse learners. Twenty reliable, flexible strategies (along with dozens of variations) are organized into these groups of instruction:
· mastery style to emphasize the development of student memory;
· understanding style to expand students' capacities to reason and explain;
· self-expressive style to stimulate and nourish students' imaginations and creativity;
· interpersonal style to help students find meaning in the relationships they forge as partners and team members, united in the act of learning; and
· four-style strategies that integrate all four styles.
To guide teachers in delivering content to students, the authors started with the best research-based teaching and learning strategies and created a tool called the Strategic Dashboard. The dashboard provides information about each teaching strategy in a concise, visual profile; it is also designed to document how one incorporates current, highly respected research into instructional plans.
For each strategy, the book offers the following information:
The authors have combined their years of research and practice to deliver reliable, high-impact, flexible teaching and learning strategies grounded in current, highly regarded research to teachers at all levels of experience.
What people are saying - Write a review
Part One Introduction
Part Two Mastery Strategies
New American Lecture
Part Three Understanding Strategies
Compare and Contrast
Part Five Interpersonal Strategies
Part Six FourStyle Strategies
Circle of Knowledge
Reading for Meaning
Part Four SelfExpressive Strategies
Do You Hear What I Hear?
To Be Fair
About the Authors