The works of ... Joseph Hall, with some account of his life and sufferings, written by himself, arranged and revised by J. Pratt, 4. kötet
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
able according angel Assyria behold believe blessed blood body brethren bring brought called cast cause Church coming command corrupt dead death delivered desire doctrine doth earth enemies eternal evil eyes faith Father fear fire flesh follow Gentiles gifts give given glorious glory God's Gospel grace hand hath head heard heart heaven holy hope Israel Jerusalem Jesus Christ Jews judge judgment king kingdom knowledge land light live look Lord Matthew means nature offered pass peace perfect preach present priest profession promise prophets received respect rest righteousness salvation sent servants shalt shew sins soul speak Spirit stand suffer sure temple thee thereof thine things thou thou hast true truth unto VIII wherein wicked yourselves
185. oldal - When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying ; Lord, Lord, open unto us ; and he shall answer and say unto you ; I know you not, whence ye are...
266. oldal - Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all...
403. oldal - And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; and having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
154. oldal - Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps and went forth to meet the bridegroom. And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
147. oldal - For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.
467. oldal - Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him ; let him know that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.
535. oldal - And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations; and he shall rule them with a rod of iron; and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.
160. oldal - Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying, And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him that was valued, whom they of the children of Israel did value ; And gave them for the potter's field, as the Lord appointed me.
192. oldal - And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the Scriptures?
542. oldal - In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month : and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.