Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
What every resident and practicing anesthesiologist needs to know about thoracic anesthesia—in one concise handbook
Thoracic Anesthesia is the definitive introduction for anesthesiologists in training and the must-have reference for anesthesiologists who do not practice thoracic anesthesia exclusively. Here, you’ll find a current, detailed review of the basic, need-to-know concepts of thoracic anesthesia, along with clear, practical suggestions for handling commonly encountered scenarios. Written by top specialists in the field, the book is filled with high-yield insights into such pivotal topics as respiratory physiology, pulmonary pharmacology, imaging, one-lung ventilation, and postoperative care.
- The ultimate thoracic anesthesia primer, designed for residents and experienced anesthesiologists/nurse anesthetists who must meet the growing demand for skilled practitioners in the thoracic operating room
- Comprehensive, yet concise presentation and compact format make the text a perfect at-a-glance reference in the OR
- Acknowledged experts in each topic area review key concepts that clarify a given condition—and summarize the best management strategies for delivering safe and effective perioperative care to thoracic surgical patients
- Focus on the major principles of thoracic anesthesia covers chest physiology, mechanisms of pain, biology of chest malignancies, and lung separation techniques
- Chapter on practice improvement and patient safety highlights the delivery of modern, high-quality perioperative thoracic care through a multi-disciplinary, team approach
- Top-to-bottom coverage of the latest thoracic anesthesia techniques and procedures:Preoperative risk stratification, Closed thorax procedures,Lung resections for cancer and benign chest tumors,Extrapleural pneumonectomy, Pericardial window procedures,Esophageal cancer operations,Bronchopleural fistula,Lung transplantation, Thoracic trauma management
- Special chapter on anesthesia for pediatric thoracic surgery presents the most current clinical perspectives that help you achieve positive outcomes even in the most challenging pediatric cases
- Section on postoperative management of thoracic surgical patients thoroughly reviews routine postoperative care as well as how to handle respiratory, renal, and cardiovascular complications, and both acute and chronic post thoracotomy pain