Treatise on the Offices of Justice of Peace, Constable, Commissioner of Supply, and Commissioner Under Comprehending Acts, in Scotland, with Occasional Observations Upon Other Municipal Jurisdictions: To which are Added, Appendixes, Containing Some of the Statutes, Forms of Proceedings, and Writs, Referred to in the Work, 2. kötet;973. kötet
W. Creech, 1806
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according action aforesaid allowed appear applied appointed assessment assize authority belong borough bread brought cafe called cause charge child church commissioners committed common complaint constable convicted court defender directed duty enacted England entitled exceeding execution fall fame father fixed flour former give given grain grant ground half hall heritors imprisonment judge justices justices of peace king lands less liable lord magistrates manner marriage master meeting ment mentioned minister months necessary oath observed offence officer ordained paid parish parliament particular party passed payment peace penalty person poor present prison proper proprietor punishment quarter reason refuse regulations rent respect Scotland Scots servant session statute sufficient taken teinds thereof thing tion town valued warrant weight whole witness
13. oldal - If there be among you a poor man of one of thy brethren within any of thy gates in thy land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not harden thine heart, nor shut thine hand from thy poor brother : but thou shalt open thine hand wide unto him. and shalt surely lend him sufficient for his need, in that which he wanteth.
655. oldal - Kingdom excepting and reserving the duties upon export and import of such particular commodities from which any persons the subjects of either kingdom are specially liberated and exempted by their private rights which after the union are to remain safe and entire to them in all respects as before the same...
324. oldal - That he alloweth the Book of Articles of Religion agreed upon by the archbishops and bishops of both provinces, and the whole clergy in the convocation holden at London in the year of our Lord God...
330. oldal - Protestants; hereby utterly renouncing and abjuring any obedience or allegiance unto any other person claiming or pretending a right to the crown of this realm: And I do further declare that it is not an article of my faith, and that I do renounce, reject, and abjure the opinion that princes excommunicated or deprived by the pope, or any other authority of the see of Rome, may be deposed or murdered by their subjects, or by any person whatsoever...
360. oldal - And hence subduing or cultivating the earth, and having dominion, we see are joined together. The one gave title to the other. So that God, by commanding to subdue, gave authority so far to appropriate. And the...
186. oldal - ... to the House of Correction, there to be kept to hard labour for any time not exceeding three calendar months...
330. oldal - An Act for the further Limitation of the Crown, and better fecuring the...
330. oldal - Rome may be deposed or murdered by their subjects, or by any person whatsoever : And I do declare that I do not believe that the Pope of Rome or any other foreign prince, prelate, person, state, or potentate, hath or ought to have any temporal or civil jurisdiction, power, superiority, or pre-eminence, directly or indirectly, within this realm.
308. oldal - ... the sacrament of the Lord's Supper, according to the rites of the Church of England ; and he is...
655. oldal - Scotland, against importation of victual from Ireland, or any other place beyond sea into Scotland, do, after the union, remain in the same force as now it is, until more proper and effectual ways be provided by the parliament of Great Britain, for discouraging the importation of the said victual from beyond sea.