Ultimate Performance Management: Training to Transform Performance Reviews Into Performance Partnerships
American Society for Training and Development, Nov 1, 2009 - Business & Economics - 192 pages
Mention the dreaded phrase "performance review" to most employees, and you're likely to get a variety of responses—none positive. Face it: it's time to find a better way to manage performance.
Whether you're an organizational leader, human resource professional, or organization development specialist, Ultimate Performance Management can help you transform your company's system for performance improvement. Rather than the traditional annual performance review, you can develop a larger framework for an ongoing performance coaching conversation, a fresh approach that enables managers and performers to build their skills consistently over time.
This book provides complete background materials on learning and performance management issues, guidelines for assessing your organization's current culture and evaluating your program results, and a full range of hands-on tools, including
· complete instructions and presentations for one-day or half-day workshops on several performance-related processes
· handouts such as checklists, exercises, charts, diagrams, and other supportive materials
· training instruments and tools including a wide array of quizzes, questionnaires, outlines, and feedback forms
· learning activities to provide workshop participants with a broad variety of structured experiences
· a CD-ROM containing all of the ready-to-print materials shown in the workbook. Note: The Content Express e-book contains a link to the same ready-to-print material contained within the CD-ROM.
What people are saying - Write a review
Assessing Your Performance Management Culture and Competencies
Turning People on to Learning
Evaluating Your Training Program Results
OneDay Workshop on Establishing a Coaching Relationship for Great Performance
OneDay Workshop on Performance Goal Setting
OneDay Workshop on Diagnosing Employee Performance Problems and Developing Improvement Plans
Using the Accompanying CD Materials
For Further Reading
About the Authors
OneDay Workshop on Conducting Performance Coaching and Annual Performance Analysis and Planning Conversations
HalfDay Workshop on the Employees Role Within the Partnership for Performance and Performance Coaching Conversations