Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able accept ages become beginning believe better Bible body Boston child Christian church claim Cloth comes concerning creed death divine dream earth eternal experience face fact faith feel forces friends Full future GEORGE H give grow hand happiness heart heaven hold hope human ideal infinite Jesus kind least light live look Mass matter means mind moral nature never noble pass past perfect perhaps possible practical present principles problem Published question reach reason regard relation religion religious remember rest result seems sense simply social society soul speak spirit stand story STREET Suppose talk tell theory things thought tion to-day true truth trying turn universe whole wish worship
3. oldal - And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams. And on my servants and on my handmaidens, I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy.
4. oldal - Who, hopeless, lays his dead away, Nor looks to see the breaking day Across the mournful marbles play! Who hath not learned, in hours of faith, The truth to flesh and sense unknown, That Life is ever lord of Death, And Love can never lose its own!
6. oldal - Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world : if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
13. oldal - The oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely, The pangs of despis'd love, the law's delay, The insolence of office, and the spurns That patient merit of the unworthy takes, When he himself might his quietus make With a bare bodkin...
6. oldal - Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
15. oldal - Hast thou not known ? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary ? there is no searching of his understanding.
9. oldal - The problem of the connection of body and soul is as insoluble in its modern form as it was in the prescientific ages.
15. oldal - And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. But he answered and said, IT is WRITTEN, MAN SHALL NOT LIVE BY BREAD ALONE, BUT BY EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDETH OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD.
7. oldal - Heavy to get, and light to hold ; Hoarded, bartered, bought, and sold, Stolen, borrowed, squandered, doled : Spurned by the young, but hugged by the old To the very verge of the church-yard mould ; Price of many a crime untold : Gold ! gold ! gold ! gold...