Validation of credit portfolio models
Scientific Essay from the year 2008 in the subject Business economics - Investment and Finance, grade: 1, , language: English, abstract: Portfolio credit risk models give a probability distribution for portfolio credit losses. Validation of the model includes testing whether observed losses were consistent with the model’s predictions. The main focus when testing credit portfolio models is on the “high loss” end of the distribution, which, assuming normal distribution, means “low probability”. Normally one or five percent Value at risk is used, which means that a given loss within specified time will be observed with a probability of one or five percent respectively. “A risk manager has two jobs: make people take more risk the 99% of the time it is safe to do so, and survive the other 1% of the time. Value at risk is the boarder.”1
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
1st Transformation 2nd Transformation academic Algorithm amount of period assuming Berkowitz test Bibliographic calculated computed lambda confidence level corellation correct credit portfolio models Credit risk critical CHI-squared value cummulated probability Double essays estimates exceeded Excel expect experienced losses F(Lt five percent function German National Library given loss given the models GRIN hypothesis Internet inverse KNOWLEDGE HAS VALUE lmax ln(L loss data loss distribution losses were consistent LR statistic Value Macro MANUEL MAHLER-HUTTER maximize Maximum likelihood mean and unit models predictions NORMSINV(pt observed losses p-value papers Portfolio credit portfolio losses probabilities of portfolio Publishing rejecting RHOSEARCH rmax sample significance level simulated test Simulating critical standard normal distribution statistic Value Formula subportfolios Table term threshold level trading days uniformly distributed unit variance VALIDATION OF CREDIT Value at risk variables www.GRIN.com zero mean zt have zero