The long-awaiting New Edition of this masterwork delivers comprehensive and up-to-date coverage of the management of injuries to both the upper and lower extremities and to the internal organs. Two new editors and a completely new team of contributors describe all of the innovations in the field, including new diagnostic modalities and interventional techniques.
- Covers all aspects of the field, from initial care and diagnostic options through specific injuries and special problems to complications
- Only book on Vascular Trauma which emphasizes the current management of civilian vascular injuries with an historical reflection of pioneering contributions from the battle field.
- Offers the perspectives of two new editors.
- Reflects the latest information in the field with all of the chapters completely rewritten by new contributing authors.
- Combines the largest existing database of military vascular trauma with the experience of one of the nation's premier civilian trauma centers.
- Examines operative techniques and "damage control" for vascular traumas.
- Discusses all of today's hottest topics including diagnosis of vascular trauma · imaging and interventional radiology · minimal vascular injuries · special problems · endovascular grafts · iatrogenic vascular trauma · illicit street drugs and vascular injury · compartment syndromes · and more.
With 44 contributing experts