View of the Trinity: A Treatise on the Character of Jesus Christ, and on the Trinity in Unity of the Godhead; with Quotations from the Primitive Fathers, 2. kötet
Smith & Shute, 1824 - 202 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Abraham according ancient Angel apostle appears applied atonement authority beginning begotten believe Bible Bishop body called century character Christians Church concerning constituted created creatures decide dependent derived distinct divine doctrine doubt earth equal essential eternal evidence existence faith Father favor flesh fulness give given glory God's Godhead gods grace hath heart heaven Hence High Holy Ghost honor human idea infinite Israel Jehovah Jesus Christ Jews John Judge King known language literally living Lord manifest mean Mediator mighty nature never noted object Origin passage Person Psalm question reason received relation relative represented Revelation sacred Saviour says scheme scriptures seed seen sense sent sentiment Son of God soul speak Spirit taught teach Testament thee things thou tion titles Trinity true truth Unity unto verse whole worship writings
103. oldal - He shall feed his flock like a shepherd; he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.
114. oldal - Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him. He shall call to the heavens from above, and to the earth, that he may judge his people.
72. oldal - Sanctify the LORD of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread. And he shall be for a sanctuary ; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
45. oldal - The hills melted like wax at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.
23. oldal - Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. And behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son and shalt call his name JESUS. He shall be great and shall be called the Son of the Highest...
125. oldal - Wherefore in all things it behooved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. For in that he himself hath suffered, being tempted, he is able to succor them that are tempted.
105. oldal - What think ye of Christ? whose son is he?" They say unto him, " The son of David." He saith unto them, " How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool ? If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?
99. oldal - Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.