Vindiciiœ Priestleianœ: an address to the students of Oxford and Cambridge; occasioned by a letter to Dr. Priestley from a person calling himself an undergraduate, but publicly and uncontradictedly ascribed to Dr. Horne, Dean of Canterbury ...
J. Johnson, 1788 - 320 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
Acts againſt Almighty alſo apoſtles appear becauſe beginning believe called character chriſtians church coming common concerning creature death divine doctrine equal eternal exiſtence extraordinary Father favour firſt followers give given goſpel hand hath heaven himſelf holy Horne human important Inſtead intended interpretation Jeſus Chriſt jews John juſt Juſtin kind knowlege language laſt learned light living Lord mankind manner maſter meaning mentioned mind Moſes moſt muſt nature never obſerved opinion particular paſſage Paul perſon prayer preſent proof proper prophet proved raiſed reaſon received religion remarks rendered reſpect ſacred ſaid ſame ſays ſcriptures ſee ſenſe ſentiments ſervant ſhall ſhould ſome ſpeak ſpirit ſubject ſuch ſuppoſed taken teach Teſtament themſelves theſe things thoſe thou thought tranſlation true truth unto uſed whole wiſdom words worſhip writings
13. oldal - When he gave to the sea his decree, That the waters should not pass his commandment: When he appointed the foundations of the earth : Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: And I was daily his delight, Rejoicing always before him ; Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth ; And my delights were with the sons of men.
112. oldal - Ye men of Israel, hear these words, Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know...
241. oldal - There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the light, that all men through him might believe. He was not that light, but was sent to bear witness of that light. That was the true light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
184. oldal - And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.
13. oldal - DOTH not wisdom cry? and understanding put forth her voice? She standeth in the top of high places, by the way in the places of the paths. She crieth at the gates, at the entry of the city, at the coming in at the doors: "Unto you, O men, I call; and my voice is to the sons of man.
92. oldal - And the Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?
301. oldal - Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be his glorious name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with his glory; Amen, and Amen.
113. oldal - But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man ; for I neither received it of man, neither was I taught i£, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
92. oldal - Doth Job fear God for nought ? Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side ? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land. But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.
133. oldal - Now concerning virgins I have no commandment of the Lord: yet I give my judgment, as one that hath obtained mercy of the Lord to be faithful.