Visual Data Storytelling with Tableau
Tell Insightful, Actionable Business Stories with Tableau, the World's Leading Data Visualization Tool!
Visual Data Storytelling with Tableau brings together knowledge, context, and hands-on skills for telling powerful, actionable data stories with Tableau. This full-color guide shows how to organize data and structure analysis with storytelling in mind, embrace exploration and visual discovery, and articulate findings with rich data, carefully curated visualizations, and skillfully crafted narrative.
You don't need any visualization experience. Each chapter illuminates key aspects of design practice and data visualization, and guides you step-by-step through applying them in Tableau. Through realistic examples and classroom-tested exercises, Professor Lindy Ryan helps you use Tableau to analyze data, visualize it, and help people connect more intuitively and emotionally with it.
Whether you're an analyst, executive, student, instructor, or journalist, you won't just master the tools: you'll learn to craft data stories that make an immediate impact--and inspire action.
Learn how to:
* Craft more powerful stories by blending data science, genre, and visual design
* Ask the right questions upfront to plan data collection and analysis
* Build storyboards and choose charts based on your message and audience
* Direct audience attention to the points that matter most
* Showcase your data stories in high-impact presentations
* Integrate Tableau storytelling throughout your business communication
* Explore case studies that show what to do--and what not to do
* Discover visualization best practices, tricks, and hacks you can use with any tool
* Includes coverage up through Tableau 10
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.