What No One Ever Tells You about Marketing Your Own Business: Real-Life Advice from 101 Successful Entrepreneurs
Blueprints to follow, techniques to apply, and invaluable knowledge from business owners who have prospered without a full-time marketing staff or high-end campaigns.
Marketing issues are among the top concerns of business owners and managers. Yet most small businesses lack the expertise, time, and/or money to develop elaborate marketing campaigns.
The most workable solutions come from other business owners who have successfully met the marketing challenge in the real world, says award-winning journalist Jan Norman. For the first time ever, she has compiled the marketing experiences, techniques, and strategiesof 101 entrepreneurs into an easy-to-follow guide. Rather than ivory-tower theoreticians or myopic specialists, "What No One Ever Tells You about Marketing Your Own Business" highlights true, detailed marketing experiences of real-life business owners, advising readers how to:
* Take care of business before marketing starts.
* Create business cards, packaging, and signage that attract attention.
* Make maximum use of public relations and advertising expenditures.
* Customize the marketing effort to suit the company's personality.
* Time product releases for maximum impact.
* Win business at trade shows even without a booth.
* Equip employees to be the company's best marketers.
Each of the book's ten sections ends with a checklist, quiz, or sample to help readers apply what the example stories have covered. An appendix of resources and materials for additional help also is included.