Written by the author of the best-selling HyperText & HyperMedia, this book is an excellent guide to the methods of usability engineering. The book provides the tools needed to avoid usability surprises and improve product quality. Step-by-step information on which method to use at various stages during the development lifecycle are included, along with detailed information on how to run a usability test and the unique issues relating to international usability.
* Emphasizes cost-effective methods that developers can implement immediately
* Instructs readers about which methods to use when, throughout the development lifecycle, which ultimately helps in cost-benefit analysis.
* Shows readers how to avoid the four most frequently listed reasons for delay in software projects.
* Includes detailed information on how to run a usability test.
* Covers unique issues of international usability.
* Features an extensive bibliography allowing readers to find additional information.
* Written by an internationally renowned expert in the field and the author of the best-selling HyperText & HyperMedia.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Chaper 3 Generations of User Interfaces
Chapter 4 The Usability Engineering Lifecycle
Chapters 5 Usability Heuristics
Chapter 6 Usability Testing
Chapter 7 Usability Assessment Methods beyond Testing
Chapter 8 Interface Standards
Other editions - View all
ACM SIGCHI Bulletin allow Annual Meeting application April asked Bellcore beneﬁts Carroll command computer system Conf consistency database dialog box dialogue difﬁcult discussed documentation Ergonomics error messages example experience experimenter expert users feedback ﬁeld ﬁle ﬁnd ﬁrst goal graphical user interfaces guidelines help systems heuristic evaluation Human Factors Society Human—Computer Interaction hypermedia hypertext icons IEEE IFIP important interface standards ISBN issues iterative design language large number learning logging manuals measured menu mouse Nielsen normally novice users observation online help participatory design perform personal computer possible Proc prototype questionnaires ratings scenarios screen speciﬁc spreadsheet task analysis techniques Technology test tasks test users tion typical usability attributes usability engineering usability laboratory usability methods usability problems usability specialists usability testing user inter user interface design user testing user’s videotape word processor