An all-inclusive overview of cardiology in a trusted landmark reference
A Doody's Core Title ESSENTIAL PURCHASE!
5 STAR DOODY'S REVIEW!
"This well-organized textbook begins with a thoughtful discussion of cardiology's past and future. It presents readers with the foundations of cardiovascular medicine and the basics of cardiovascular evaluation. These initial chapters provide an excellent overview of topics in general cardiology from guidelines to newer diagnostic modalities such as MRI, CT, and PET. Subsequently, the book is organized to provide readers with a focused approach to other areas of cardiology from heart failure to electrophysiology and interventional cardiology."
This is a very useful reference that compiles a vast amount of information on the diagnosis and management of cardiovascular diseases in one book. It continues to be one of best overall references in this field. -- Doody's Review Service
Developed by a team of internationally renowned editors and authors, Hurst's The Heart is synonymous with the most comprehensive and current perspectives on treating the full range of heart problems.
Inside, you'll get an incisive look at all the global advances in the diagnosis and management of cardiovascular disease, including the translation of basic science research into clinical applications. And integrated throughout are the latest treatment protocols, ACC/AHA and ESC treatment guidelines, as well as quick-reference tables and algorithms.
NEW to this Edition:
- Stunning full-color illustrations
- Information from the COURAGE trial, covering the use and misuse of drug eluting stents
- Vital coverage of advances in the treatment of pulmonary hypertension and new information on hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Expert-authored chapters on coronary blood flow, stunning, and hibernation; race and ethnicity in cardiovascular disease; and cardiovascular physiology
- Up-to-date information on the diagnosis and management of heart failure
- Latest guidelines for the management of atrial fibrillation
- New advances in curative catheter ablation of arrhythmias
- Increased number of international contributors
- Expanded chapters on epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment of hypertension