The Wisdom of Menopause: Creating Physical and Emotional Health During the Change
Dr. Christiane Northrup's #1 New York Times bestseller The Wisdom of Menopause has inspired more than a million women with a dramatically new vision of midlife—and will continue to do so for generations to come. As Dr. Northrup has championed, the “change” is not simply a collection of physical symptoms to be “fixed,” but a mind-body revolution that brings the greatest opportunity for growth since adolescence. The choices a woman makes now—from the quality of her relationships to the quality of her diet—have the power to secure vibrant health and well-being for the rest of her life.
Now completely revised, this groundbreaking classic draws on the current research and medical advances in women's health, and includes
• a new section on sex after 50—and how, if need be, you can rejuvenate your sex life
• updated mammogram guidelines—and how thermography improves breast health
• the latest on the glycemic index, optimal blood sugar levels, and ways to prevent diabetes
• dietary guidelines revealing that hidden sugar—not dietary fat—is the main culprit in heart disease, cancer, and obesity
• all you need to know about perimenopause and why it's critical to your well-being
• a vital program for ensuring pelvic health during and after menopause
• strategies to combat osteoporosis and strengthen bones for life
With this trusted resource, Dr. Christiane Northrup shows that women can make menopause a time of personal empowerment—emerging wiser, healthier, and stronger in both mind and body than ever before.
What people are saying - Write a review
The Wisdom of Menopause Creating Physical and EmoUser Review - kthnxbye - Overstock.com
Through trial and error women in their early tomid forties navigate perimenopause. The Wisdom of Menopause may help you to fill some blanks that your OBGYNPrimary Physician leave you to search for yourself. If you are in your early to midforties its worth a look. I recommend it. Read full review
LibraryThing ReviewUser Review - satyridae - LibraryThing
I read the first, oh, hundred pages and then I started skimming for things to snort at. There were lots of things for my skeptical atheist self to snort at. Including gems like: "The difference ... Read full review
Building Healthy Bones
Creating Breast Health
The Calm After the Storm
Other editions - View all
The Wisdom of Menopause: Creating Physical and Emotional Health and Healing ...
No preview available - 2006