The Early Years Foundation Stage: Theory and Practice
SAGE, Mar 16, 2016 - Education - 512 pages
The new edition of this bestselling textbook continues to provide comprehensive coverage of the revised Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum, and is the ideal companion for anyone undertaking any Early Years or Early Childhood Studies course, or those working towards Early Years Teacher Status (EYTS).
The third edition now includes new chapters on;
· International Perspectives on Early childhood Education and Care
· The Issue of Professionalism
· Pedagogical Documentation
· Using the Outdoor Environments in Early childhood Pedagogy
· The Role of Digital Technologies in the Early Years
This book further supports your study with outstanding learning features including;
· A Companion Website with weblinks, free SAGE journal articles, extended case studies and annotated further readings. Click here to access.
· Chapter Roadmaps to identify what each chapter will cover at-a-glance.
· Case Studies in each chapter to help you link theory to practice
· ‘Reflection Points’, ‘Reflective Tasks’ and ‘Points for Discussion’, to help you critically reflect on how the chapter can be applied to your personal and professional development.
· Further Readings directing you to external resources to help deepen your understanding
Ioanna Palaiologou will be discussing key ideas from The Early Years Foundation Stage in the SAGE Early Years Masterclass, a free professional development experience hosted by Kathy Brodie. To sign up, or for more information, click here.
What people are saying - Write a review
CHAPTER 3 THE NATIONAL PICTURE
CHAPTER 4 THE INTERNATIONAL PERSPECTIVE ON EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION AND CARE
CHAPTER 5 THE ISSUE OF PROFESSIONALISM
PART 2 PEDAGOGY
CHAPTER 6 PEDAGOGY IN PRACTICE
CHAPTER 7 PLAY
CHAPTER 14 WORKING TOGETHER TO SAFEGUARD CHILDREN
CHAPTER 15 CHILDRENS HEALTH AND WELLBEING
CHAPTER 16 INCLUSION
CHAPTER 17 LEADERSHIP
CHAPTER 18 THE ROLE OF DIGITAL TECHNOLOGIES
PART 4 THE AREAS OF LEARNING
CHAPTER 19 PERSONAL SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT
CHAPTER 20 COMMUNICATION AND LANGUAGE
RECORDING AND ANALYSIS
CHAPTER 9 ASSESSMENT
CHAPTER 10 PEDAGOGICAL DOCUMENTATION
CHAPTER 11 EFFECTIVE TRANSITIONS
CHAPTER 12 USING THE OUTDOOR ENVIRONMENT IN EARLY CHILDHOOD PEDAGOGY
PART 3 KEY ISSUES IN PRACTICE
CHAPTER 13 WORKING IN PARTNERSHIP WITH PARENTS