- Fits national reading standards by linking images to the text to provide picture clues and introducing age-appropriate vocabulary.
- Top reading specialists have leveled this text as appropriate for emergent readers.
- The repetitive language, structure, and rhyming patterns help children decipher words.
- Word lists at the back of each book help build reading vocabularies.
Grades K-4 National Social Studies Standards
- People, Places, and Environments: III
- Examine the interaction between humans and their physical environment
- Individual Development and Identity: IV
- Describe personal connections to place, especially immediate surroundings
- Identify and describe ways family, groups, and community influence the individual's daily life and personal choices.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.