Weapons of Mass Deception reveals:
- How the Iraq war was sold to the American public through professional P.R. strategies.
- "The First Casualty": Lies that were told related to the Iraq war.
- Euphemisms and jargon related to the Iraq war, e.g. "shock and awe," "Operation Iraqi Freedom," "axis of evil," "coalition of the willing," etc.
- "War as Opportunity": How the war on terrorism and the war on Iraq have been used as marketing hooks to sell products and policies that have nothing to do with fighting terrorism.
- "Brand America": The efforts of Charlotte Beers and other U.S. propaganda campaigns designed to win hearts overseas.
- "The Mass Media as Propaganda Vehicle": How news coverage followed Washington's lead and language.
The book includes a glossary — "Propaganda: A User's Guide" — and resources to help Americans sort through the deceptions to see the strings behind Washington's campaign to sell the Iraq war to the public.