Bioseparation and bioprocessing, Volume 1
Rapid developments in biotechnology create a demand for practical, up-to-date reviews written by and for experts in industry. This compact handbook provides all relevant up-to-date information on important bioseparation and bioprocessing techniques that are actively applied in the biotechnology industries. The handbook presents an applications-orientated overview on
- case studies and general strategies for quality control and characterization
- detailed guidelines on developing economic and technically feasible bioseparation schemes
- strategies and methods for intracellular bioproduct release
- chromatographic and membrane downstream processes used in biotechnology
- applications of modern non-invasive methods such as neural networks for on-line estimation and control of fermentation variables on an industrial scale
- a practical, commercially-relevant guide to biosafety
and many more aspects which are indispensible for present and future industrial success.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Strategies in Downstream Processing
Protein Stability in Downstream Processing
Production of Transgenic Protein
12 other sections not shown
Other editions - View all
Bioseparation and Bioprocessing, Volume I: Biochromatography - Membrane ...
No preview available - 1999
activity amino acid analysis antibody assays bacteria batch bead mill Biochem Biol Chem biological biological safety cabinets bioprocessing Biotechnol Biotechnology buffer C-terminal carbohydrate carbohydrate chains carriers cell culture cell disruption cell lines centrifuge chemical chromatography coli column concentration containment cytokines deamidation debris degradation denaturation disulfide bonds downstream processing Edman degradation effect enzymatic enzymes equipment factors fermentation filters filtration fluidized bed fraction glycans glycoprotein glycosylation homogenizer HPLC human hydrophobic IFN-a inclusion bodies increase ions macroporous MALDI mass membrane methods microcarriers molecular molecules monosaccharide N-linked oligosaccharides operations oxygen packed bed parameters peptide polypeptide proteases protein purification reaction reactor recombinant recovery redox potential reduced refolding release removal residues sample scale-up seal separation sequence soluble solution solvent specific stability standard step sterilization structure surface Table techniques tein temperature therapeutics tion validation valve yeast yield