Practical Recording Techniques
Practical Recording Techniques is a hands-on practical guide for all aspects of recording, ideal for beginning and intermediate recording engineers, producers, musicians and audio enthusiasts. Filled with tips and shortcuts, this book offers advice on equipping a home studio (both low-budget and advanced), with suggestions for set-up, acoustics, choosing monitor speakers, and preventing hum. This best-selling guide also tells how to judge recordings and improve them to produce maximum results. Two extensive glossaries clearly explain audio jargon and sound-quality descriptions.
NEW material includes:
* Extensive coverage of digital recording technology and techniques, including computer DAWs and optimizing them for best performance
* Extra coverage of the basics, such as speed of sound, inverse square law, sound-wave interference, reflection and diffusion
* Comprehensive look at all types of microphones, including live-vocal, digital and headworn mics
* A detailed instrument frequency range chart
Also new to this edition is an accompanying audio CD (Mac and PC compatible), which will enable you to actually hear the effects and techniques described in the book.
* This bestselling guide to recording covers the latest digital techniques for professional and home studios, as well as recording on location
* Includes a CD packed with audio clips to enhance the text
* Fully revised and updated, this edition also includes essential information on computer recording
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.