The ability to render eye-catching, convincing robots is a vital skill for artists who design computer games or illustrate graphic novels and comic books. This book presents 50 robot designs for artists to copy, and then embellish with their own creative flourishes. Each design features step-by-step constructional drawings, with instructions for shading and coloring. Among them are--
- Basic robots, easy-to-create "starter" models
- Wizards and alchemists
- Clockwork robots, constructed from gears, cogs, and mechanical parts
- Bipedal anti-tank robots engaging in future wars
- Insect-like robots with computer brains
- Robotic shock-troop robots for interstellar warfare
Readers will also find advice on effective storytelling, avoiding simplistic clichİs, seeking out constructive criticism, and maintaining productive work habits. More than 200 instructive color illustrations.