The Middle East and North Africa 2003
* Covers the Middle East and North Africa from Algeria to Yemen
* Offers quick access to a wide range of data
* Accurately and impartially records the latest political and economic developments
* Provides comprehensive data on all major organizations in the region.
* Introductory essays covering topics relating to the region as a whole including: Arab-Israeli Relations; The Jerusalem Issue; Documents on Palestine; Iraq, Sanctions and the 'War Against Terror'; Natural Gas in the Middle East and Islamic Banking and Finance.
* Individual chapters on each country containing: articles on geography, recent history and economy; an economic and demographic survey using all the latest available statistics on population, agriculture, industry, finance, trade, transport, tourism, and education; directory sections with names, addresses and contact numbers covering the constitution, government, legislature, judiciary, political organizations, diplomatic representation, religious groups, the media, finance, trade and industry (including petroleum), and tourism.
* Includes all major international organizations active in the region, their aims, activities, publications and principal personnel
* Research Institutes specializing in the region
* Bibliographies of books and periodicals covering the Middle East and North Africa.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
agreed agreement Algeria Algiers announced April Arab Arafat Assembly attacks authorities Bahrain Bank and Gaza Bouteflika Cairo co-operation companies countries Cyprus December declared Denktas Dir-Gen e-mail East Jerusalem economic Egypt Egyptian elections established exports February finance foreign Gaza Strip Government Greek Cypriot Gulf increase industrial investment Iran Iraq Iraqi Islamic Islamist Israel Israeli January Jordan July June Kabyle killed Kuwait leader Lefkosa Nicosia Manama March ment Mersin Middle East militants military Ministry Muhammad Muslim National Nationale negotiations Nicosia November Occupied Territories October official OPEC organizations Palestine Palestinian parties peace process petroleum political President Mubarak Prime Minister production programme region reported resolution response Saudi Arabia sector Security Council security forces September settlement Sheikh SONATRACH Syria tion trade TRNC Turkey Turkish Cypriot violence West Bank withdrawal Yasser Arafat