Math Talk: Mathematical Ideas in Poems for Two Voices
Who would have ever thought there was a direct way to connect mathematical concepts to poetry?
Creative juices were certainly at work when this book of mathematical dialogues was created by Theoni Pappas. It presents a
new way to enjoy and learn mathematical ideas via poetic dialogues read by two people. A new twist to mathematical themes.
--24 delightful and informative poetic dialogues for exploring math ideas.--
- TOPIC POEMS INCLUDE-
· Mathematics · Circles · Proper fractions · Fractals
· Fibonacci numbers · One · Operations · Imaginary numbers
· Möbius strip · Zero · Squares · Operations
· Variables · Radicals · Triangles · · Primes · Dimensions
· Golden Mean · e, & i (for three voices)
· Integers · Tessellations · Even numbers
· Googols · We are numbers.
1 page matching 7i exactly in this book
Results 1-1 of 1
What people are saying - Write a review
good stuff, good stuff...always take every oppportunity to mix math and literacy- enables more learners to identify with material....over my years as a math education specialist I put a lot of math poems on my website as well:
LibraryThing ReviewUser Review - kairstream - LibraryThing
Math poems for two voices. A great way to interest those mathematicians in poetry! Read full review