What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Other editions - View all
acres active afterwards Alpena appointed April army Attorney Bay City Bay County became Big Rapids Board born brother Canada Captain Chicago Church Clair Clemens clerk College Colonel commenced common schools Congregational Church Connecticut daughter Democrat Detroit died district dollars Driggs early East Saginaw elected engaged entered enterprises farm father firm four graduated Grand Rapids Greenville held hundred interest Ionia Ionia County January John June Lake Lake Superior land Legislature living Livingston County lumber business Macomb County manufacture Marquette married Masonic Fraternity Massachusetts mercantile business Michi Michigan mill Miss Montcalm County months native Oakland County October Odd-Fellows Ohio organization parents politics Port Huron position practice President purchased Railroad real estate received regiment remained removed Republican party returned River Romeo Saginaw River served settled Shearer sons Stanton success tion took township trade Vermont village vote winter York
Page 51 - November 8, 1875, the following resolutions were unanimously adopted : Resolved, That in the death of Mr.
Page 99 - That a particular Presbyterian church, so far as adults are concerned, is constituted and organized as such, by a number of individuals, professing to walk together as the disciples of Jesus Christ, on the principles of the Confession of Faith and Form of Government, of the Presbyterian Church...
Page 99 - A member of the Masonic fraternity and of the Knights of Pythias.
Page iii - Whig; but, on the organization of the Republican party, he joined its ranks, and remained a steadfast worker in its interests until his death.
Page 14 - When the civil war broke out, he was among the first to enter the service of his country.
Page 1 - He was admitted to the bar and commenced the practice of law at Dover in 1770.
Page 99 - Arbor, and at once commenced the study of law; entered the law department of the University of Michigan; was admitted to the bar in June, 1866, and began practice in Ann Arbor, in partnership with Hon.