Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Scotland is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Celebrate with locals at a lively Edinburgh festival, go bird-watching in the Shetland Islands, or sit back with single-malt whisky after a day of gallery-hopping in Glasgow; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Scotland and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Scotland Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, literature, cinema, music, sport, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, drink, and more
- Free, convenient pull-out Edinburgh map (included in print version), plus over 40 colour local maps
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, What's New, and Month-by-Month(annual festival calendar)
- Coverage of Orkney Islands, Shetland Islands, Northern Highlands, Inverness, Central Highlands, Northeast, Central, Southern Highlands, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Southern Scotland, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Scotland, our most comprehensive guide to Scotland, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Scotland? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover Scotland, a photo-rich guide to the country'smost popular attractions.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Great Britainguide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer, or Discover Great Britain, a photo-rich guide to the region's most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on Edinburgh? Check out Lonely Planet's Pocket Edinburgh, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Neil Wilson, and Andy Symington.
About Lonely Planet: Since in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel content company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet enables curious travelers to experience the world and get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.