The Tragedy of Macbeth: With New and Updated Critical Essays and a Revised Bibliography
, 1998 - Drama
- 214 pages
The newly revised signet classic Shakespeare series. The world of the world's greatest dramatist edited by outstanding scholars.
Unique features of the signet classic Shakespeare:
- Extensive overview of Shakespeare's life, world, and theater by the general editor of the Signet Classic Shakespeare series, Sylvan Barnet
- Special introduction to the play by the editor, Sylvan Barnet, Tufts University
- Source from which Shakespeare derived Macbeth-selections from Raphael Holinshed's The Chronicles of England, Scotland, and Ireland
- Dramatic criticism from the past and present: commentaries by A.C. Bradley, Elmer Edgar Stoll, Mary McCarthy, Joan Larsen Klein, Alan Sinfield
- Comprehensive stage and screen history of notable actors, directors, and productions of Macbeth, then and now.
- Text, notes, and commentaries printed in the clearest, most readable type
- Up-to-date list of recommended readings