Food processing: an industrial powerhouse in transition
Food Processing, Second Edition provides incisive coverage of the growth, economic development, and business management of the U.S. commercial food processing industry. This revised edition addresses the many important changes that have affected the industry in the last decade, from new technologies and international trade agreements to the influx of foreign investment and the development of emerging markets around the world. Providing a full-scale analysis of the forces that will shape competitive advantage into the next century, this book is essential reading for food processing managers, buyers, marketers, and their professional advisers. The new volume contains:
* A systematic examination of industrial structure, business organization, and geographic location.
* A discussion of the impact of new processing and information technologies, developments in biotechnology, and more.
* Expanded material on distribution channels and sourcing options, including new retail formats such as warehouse stores and supercenters.
* Information on key input utilization, procurement, product and promotion strategies.
* Predicted growth trends for domestic and foreign markets, the dynamics of industry globalization, and more.
60 pages matching foreign in this book
Results 1-3 of 60
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Processing and the U S Food System
Industrial Structure and Business Organization
14 other sections not shown
Other editions - View all
0alue 10ercent advertising agricultural Appendix Table average Beer Beet sugar billion brands Bread Breakfast cereals Breakfast foods Rice California Cane sugar Census changes Coffee companies Confectionery consumers Cookies and crackers Cooking oils costs Cottonseed oil dairy employment Establishments primarily engaged expenditures exports fats and oils firms Flavorings Flour mixes Wet Fluid milk food industries food manufacturers food processing industries food products food stores foods and beverages foodservice footloose foreign Frozen specialties fruit and vegetables futures contract grain mill grocery Growth Rates households Ice cream income increase inputs investment labor margarine mergers oils and margarine output packaging pasta Percent plants poultry private label processed foods processors product classes purchased Refrigerated sauces seafood segment share snacks soft drinks Source soybean oil strategy sugar Beet supermarket suppliers trade trend United value added value of shipments vegetable oils Wet corn mills wholesale