Pack includes 2 titles from the popular Blackwell Philosophy Anthologies Series:
Philosophy of Literature: Contemporary and Classic Readings - An Anthology
Edited by Eileen John and Dominic McIver Lopes
Essential readings in the philosophy of literature are brought together for the first time in this anthology.
- Contains forty-five substantial and carefully chosen essays and extracts
- Provides a balanced and coherent overview of developments in the field during the past thirty years, including influential work on fiction, interpretation, metaphor, literary value, and the definition and ontology of literature
- Includes an additional historical section featuring generous selections of the writings of early pioneers such as Plato, Aristotle, Nietzsche, and Hume
- Serves as an ideal introduction to the philosophy of literature or the philosophy of art, as well as a handy compilation of contributions to the field by its leading figures
Philosophy of Film and Motion Pictures: An Anthology
Edited by NoŽl Carroll and Jinhee Choi
Designed for classroom use, this authoritative anthology presents key selections from the best contemporary work in philosophy of film.
- The featured essays have been specially chosen for their clarity, philosophical depth, and consonance with the current move towards cognitive film theory
- Eight sections with introductions cover topics such as the nature of film, film as art, documentary cinema, narration and emotion in film, film criticism, and film's relation to knowledge and morality
- Issues addressed include the objectivity of documentary films, fear of movie monsters, and moral questions surrounding the viewing of pornography
- Replete with examples and discussion of moving pictures throughout