You Can Adopt: An Adoptive Families Guide
Random House Publishing Group, Aug 11, 2009 - Family & Relationships - 320 pages
From Adoptive Families magazine, the country’s leading resource on adoption, this warm, authoritative book is full of practical, realistic advice from leading attorneys, doctors, social workers, and psychologists, as well as honest, intimate stories from real parents and children. You Can Adopt answers every question–even the ones you’re afraid to ask:
• When should I shift from fertility treatment to adoption?
• How do I talk to my spouse about adoption?
• Can we find a healthy baby?
• Do I need an attorney? An adoption agency?
• Can the birth mother take the baby back?
• How much will this really cost? How long will it take?
• Aren’t all adopted children unhappy?
• Can I love a child who “isn’t mine”?
• How can I ease the rest of my family into this decision?
Complete with checklists and worksheets, You Can Adopt will help make your dreams of family come true.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
What people are saying - Write a review
This was a really great, informative book! My husband and I were wanting to adopt but had no clue where to start. This book gave us all the information we needed to figure out what adoption path was right for us. I also loved the intimate stories! I definitely recommend this book to those who are completely new to the adoption world.
Where Is My Child?
Can I Choose a Child?
Working on an Adoption
How Much Will This Cost?
Can I Adopt a Healthy Child?
Why Is There So Much Paperwork?
Why Does This Have to Take So Long?
Is This My Child?
Is There a Greeting Card for This?
What Do I Tell My Child?
Who Needs to Know?
Is This Normal?
Will We Live Happily Ever After?