Technology Entrepreneurship: Creating, Capturing, and Protecting Value (Google eBook)
Academic Press, Oct 21, 2009 - Business & Economics - 590 pages
Recognizing the unique needs of the technology startup, Duening focuses on intellectual property development, funding, and marketing/selling more than other texts in this market. Extensive use of technology examples, case studies, and assignments keeps the book relevant and motivating for engineering students. A full supplements package, including instructor manual and lecture notes, makes it easy to get the course up and running.
* Rich in case studies, examples, and in-chapter elements that focus on the challenges of launching and operating a technology venture
* In-depth examination of intellectual property development, valuation, deal structuring, and equity preservation, issues of most relevance to technology start-ups
* Extensive discussion of technology management and continuous innovation as a competitive advantage
* Addresses the issue of leading, managing, motivating, and compensating technical workers
* More time on the fundamentals of marketing and selling, as these are elements of entrepreneurshipcommonly most neglected by engineers and scientists
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
accounting advertising agreement angel investor application assets business plan capital cash flow cash flow statement chapter companyís competitive competitors contract corporate costs create customers develop discussed distribution economy effective employee enterprise enterprise value entity entrepreneurship equity established example Exhibit Facebook filed firm firmís franchise funds global important income individuals industry InstantValue Intel intellectual property interest Internet investment investors license limited liability loan negotiation network effect NVIDIA offer operating options owners ownership parties partners partnership patent payment performance potential product or service profit protection purchase registration revenue risk sell shareholders shares shoppers skills sole proprietorship start-up statement strategy StumbleUpon success target market TECH TIPS technology entrepreneur technology venture tion trade secret trademark types USuggest.com ventureís Y Combinator YouTube Zipcar