Cultured Food for Health: A Guide to Healing Yourself with Probiotic Foods Kefir * Kombucha * Cultured Vegetables
If you’re having digestive problems or feeling sick and rundown—or if you simply want to feel better and have more energy—this is the book for you.
In Cultured Food for Health, Donna Schwenk opens your eyes to the amazing healing potential of cultured foods. Focusing on the notion that all disease begins in the gut—a claim made by Hippocrates, the father of medicine, more than 2000 years ago—she brings together cutting-edge research, firsthand accounts from her online community, and her personal healing story to highlight the links between an imbalanced microbiome and a host of ailments, including high blood pressure, allergies, depression, autism, IBS, and so many more.
Then she puts the power in your hands, teaching you how to bring three potent probiotic foods—kefir, kombucha, and cultured vegetables—into your diet. Following the advice in these pages, along with her 21-day program, you can easily (and deliciously!) flood your system with billions of good bacteria, which will balance your body and allow it to heal naturally.
In this book, you’ll find:
• Step-by-step instructions on how to make basic kefir, kombucha, and cultured vegetables
• More than 100 tasty, easy-to-make recipes, from smoothies to desserts, that feature probiotic foods
• A three-week program with day-by-day instructions on gathering supplies and ingredients, and making and eating cultured foods
• Helpful answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about culturing
• Hints and tips about how to easily incorporate cultured foods into your life
• Exciting information on the probiotic-enhancing properties of prebiotic foods, such as apples, broccoli, onions, squash, brussels sprouts, and honey/ul.brbriCultured Food for Health
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Your Health and Cultured Foods
Bringing the Trilogy into Your Life
Breakfast Treats and Smoothies
Dips and Appetizers
Side Dishes and Salads
Condiments Dressings Flavorings and Pickles
Loving Your Hundred Trillion Friends
Metric Conversion Tables
Other editions - View all
½ cup ¼ teaspoon 32¼-cup servings allergies almond almond milk antibiotics apple avocado bacteria blender bowl bubble and expand cabbage carrots Celtic Sea Salt cinnamon coconut coconut milk container and let cultured foods cultured vegetables cup chopped cup Kefir Cheese cup water Cutting Edge Starter direct sunlight Edge Starter Culture ferment fibromyalgia filtered water flavor food processor fridge fully submerged garlic gut flora Hay House headspace to let healing healthy inches of headspace ingredients ingredients—around 10 minutes juice Kefir Cheese kefir grains kitchen counter kombucha Kraut Labneh Lactobacillus let it sit milk mixture sit onion pepper probiotics push the rest Ranch Dressing recipe refrigerator salad SCOBY scoop Seal the container Second-Fermented Serve immediately servings ½ slices Smoothie spots of yeast sprouted starter culture stevia Storage note Sucanat sugar tablespoons taste teaspoon Celtic Sea teaspoon Cutting Edge tomatoes Trilogy unsubmerged veggies yeast yeast have formed