, Mar 6, 2012
- 352 pages
- Insider advice on Virginia's most charming small towns, the best trails in Shenandoah National Park, and the finest sun and surf at Virginia Beach. Plus leads on the best fishing, golf, hiking, river rafting, and foliage tours.
- Insightful commentary on Virginia's most intriguing historic sites, from Jefferson's Monticello and Colonial Williamsburg to the solemn expanses of Arlington National Cemetery and Civil War battlefields.
- Where to find historic taverns, down-home Southern barbecue joints, sophisticated cafes, and the scoop on the latest dining scenes throughout the state. We'll also deliver honest, in-depth reviews of accommodations in every price range, from colonial inns and distinctive B&Bs to family-friendly motels.
- Detailed, accurate maps of regions, cities, and parks.
- Opinionated write-ups. No bland descriptions and lukewarm recommendations. Our expert writers are passionate about their destinations--they tell it like it is in an engaging and helpful way.
- Exact prices listed for every establishment and activity--no other guides offer such detailed, candid reviews of hotels and restaurants. We include the very best, but also emphasize moderately priced choices for real people.
- User-friendly features including star ratings and special icons to point readers to great finds, excellent values, insider tips, best bets for kids, special moments, and overrated experiences.