What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Other editions - View all
acres Alice Andrews Annie born Bros Brown building Chas chil Columbia Creek Culleoka deceased died Dodson Duck River early Eliza Elizabeth erected Fannie farm Frierson Galloway Garden Glendale Godwin graduated Hampshire Hardison Harris Hay Long Henry Hickman High homestead Hughes Isom John Johnson Jones Jonesboro July June Kinzer Knob Creek Lasea Leftwich located lumbia M. E. Church Main Margaret married Martha Mary Mattie Maury Maury Co Maury County miles mill Moore Nancy Nashville pastor phos phosphate Pike Pleasant Polk Pres Pub Sq resides Robt Rock Springs Sallie Santa Fe Sarah Sept served Smith Sowell Spring Hill Susan Taylorville teacher Tenn Tennessee Theta Thomas Thos vicinity Walker Water Valley widow wife Wilkes Williams Williamson Williamsport Winnsboro
Page 339 - BOOK CARD DO NOT REMOVE AChorgewillbemode if this cord is mutiloted or not returned with the book...
Page 1 - F +43 1805=1905 MAURY COUNTY, TENNESSEE A Condensation of the Most Important Events of the Past One Hundred Years, and Descriptive Sketches of the Cities and Villages COLUMBIA AND MT. PLEASANT IN DETAIL...
Page 135 - Feb., 73, and reared in the lumber business, six years since having come to the employ of the above firm. He is a son of Geo. and Sarah (Meadows) Burns, and married Ella Kate, dau. of RE and Martha A. (Cothran) Davis. Their children are Beulah, Eron, Herman, and Alta. Mr. Burns owns a good home, erected, April, 1904.
Page 276 - School was started befoi-e the war by JW Ring, Jas. Wallace, and others who purchased old Macedonia Ch., in Marshall Co., and removed the logs to this point, JL Secrest doing the team work. The present frame was erected some 20 yrs. ago, Mrs. WR Brown having been among the first teachers in the new house. Annie L. Briley taught in 1905, and JS Craig is teacher for 1906.
Page 236 - In 1877 Dr. Dawson was ordained and made pastor of Carter's Creek, now Theta Baptist Church. He was the leading spirit in organizing the Ebenezer Baptist Association, 1893, and was a missionary pastor under the State Board. After 27 years in preaching and 40 years of medical practice he retired, 1904. He owns a 100-a. farm along the Santa Fe Pike, six miles from Columbia, adapted to blue grass, underlaid with phosphate, and has good buildings.
Page 134 - Co., 13 miles from Columbia, is on the watershed between Knob and Snow Creeks and also Carter's and Leiper's Creeks over 1,000 ft. above the sea, the site of which was probably an island when the Middle Basin was covered by its original great lake (see page 6).
Page 237 - May 6, 51, 3y 2 m. E. of Santa Fe, on Snow Cr., on" the place which his father purchased of H. Pigg, 1844, is son of GW (b. Sept. 20, 1811; d. Jan. 10, 66) and E. C. (b. Feb. 9, 1814; d. Dec. 7, 83) Godwin.
Page 15 - ordinary" and gave bond to furnish "good, wholesome and clean lodging and diet for travelers, stabling with hay, oats, corn, fodder and pasturage, as the season of the year may require, and not to suffer or permit gambling, nor on the Sabbath day permit any person to tipple or drink more than necessary ! ' ' The magistrates of this first court were: John Dickey, John Miller, Wm.