The Tragedy of King Richard the Third
FOLGER Shakespeare Library
The world's leading center for Shakespeare studies
Each edition includes:
- Freshly edited text based on the best early printed version of the play
- Full explanatory notes conveniently placed on pages facing the text of the play
- Scene-by-scene plot summaries
- A key to famous lines and phrases
- An introduction to reading Shakespeare's language
- An essay by a leading Shakespeare scholar providing a modern perspective on the play
- Illustrations from the Folger Shakespeare Library's vast holdings of rare books
Essay by Deborah T. Curren-Aquino
The Folger Shakespeare Library in Washington, D.C., is home to the world's largest collection of Shakespeare's printed works, and a magnet for Shakespeare scholars from around the globe. In addition to exhibitions open to the public throughout the year, the Folger offers a full calendar of performances and programs. For more information, visit www.folger.edu.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
3.CITIZEN ANNE arms Baynard's Castle BISHOP OF ELY blood Brakenbury brother BUCKINGHAM Catesby Clarence conscience cousin crown curse daughter dead dear death deed didst Dorset dost doth dream DUCHESS OF YORK Duke of Gloucester Enter Lord Enter Richard Exeunt Exit eyes farewell father fear folio text friends gentle give God's grace gracious lord Grey happy hate hath hear heart heaven Henry holy horse husband kill KING EDWARD KING RICHARD live London look Lord Hastings Lord Stanley madam Marry Mayor MESSENGER mother MURDERER noble Norfolk Omitted F peace Plantagenet play Pomfret PRINCE EDWARD Q adds Q reads Quarto QUEEN ELIZABETH QUEEN MARGARET Ratcliffe RICHARD Ay Richard III Richard Ratcliffe Richmond Rivers royal Shakespeare sleep sorrow soul sweet sword tell thee thou to-morrow Tower traitors Tyrrel uncle unto Vaughan weep wife William Brandon withal write to Penguin