This fully updated and revised edition of the best-selling title The Archaeology Coursebook is a guide for students studying archaeology for the first time. Including new methods and case studies in this third edition, it provides pre-university students and teachers, as well as undergraduates and enthusiasts, with the skills and technical concepts necessary to grasp the subject.
The Archaeology Coursebook:
- introduces the most commonly examined archaeological methods, concepts, and themes, and provides the necessary skills to understand them
- explains how to interpret the material students may meet in examinations and how to succeed with different types of assignments and exam questions
- supports study with case studies, key sites, key terms, tasks and skills development
- illustrates concepts and commentary with over 300 photos and drawings of excavation sites, methodology and processes, tools and equipment
- links from its own website at www.routledge.com/textbooks/9780415462860 to other key websites in archaeology at the right level
- contains new material on "Issues in Modern Archaeology", "Sites and People in the Landscape" and "People and Society in the Past", new case studies, methods, examples, boxes, photographs and diagrams; as well as updates on examination changes for pre-university students.
This is definitely a book no archaeology student should be without.