Charting over 45 years of feminist debate on the significance ofgender in the making and understanding of art, the long-anticipatednew edition of Feminism-Art-Theory has been extensivelyupdated and reworked.
- Completely revised, retaining only one-third of the texts ofthe earlier edition, with all other material being newinclusions
- Brings together 88 revealing texts from North America, Europeand Australasia, juxtaposing writings from artists and activistswith those of academics
- Embraces a broad range of threads and perspectives, fromdiverse national and global approaches, lesbian and queer theory,and postmodernism, to education and aesthetics
- Includes many classic texts, but is particularly notable forits inclusion of rare and significant material not reprintedelsewhere
- Provides a uniquely flexible resource for study and researchdue to its scale and structure; each of the seven sections focuseson a specific area of debate, with texts arranged chronologicallyin order to show how issues and arguments developed over time