Obsessive Love: When It Hurts Too Much to Let Go
Is it impossible to let go — despite the pain?
• Do you yearn for someone who is not physically or emotionally available to you?
• Do you believe that if you love him enough he will have to love you?
• When you feel insecure, does it drive you only to want her more?
• Do you find yourself phoning repeatedly or waiting long hours for the phone to ring?
Do you wish someone would let go of you?
• Does an ex-lover or ex-spouse refuse to believe that it's over?
• Do you receive unwanted phone calls, letters, presents, or visits?
• Is this pursuit of you creating so much anxiety that it affects your physical or emotional well-being?
In this invaluable self-help guide, Dr. Susan Forward presents vivid case histories as well as the real-life voices of men and women caught in the grip of obsessive passion.
Whether you're an obsessive lover or the target of such an obsession, here is a proven, step-by-step program that shows you how to recognize the “connection compulsion,” what causes it, and how to break its hold on your life so that you can go on to build healthy, lasting, and pain-free relationships.
What people are saying - Write a review
OBSESSIVE LOVE: When Passion Holds You PrisonerUser Review - Kirkus
Whether you are an obsessive lover yourself or the target of one, there is insight and help to be found in this latest from mega-selling psychotherapist Forward and her usual co-author Buck (Toxic ... Read full review
LibraryThing ReviewUser Review - austinbarnes - LibraryThing
Saw parts of myself in many of her examples -- not as much in my behavior towards the other person but definitely in my thinking patterns and behavior towards myself. Thought the book was well written and easy to understand. Read full review
Setting Your Course
Wendy and my mother Harriet Petersonhave been there for
Dismantling the Obsessive System
Dealing with the Truth About Your Relationship
Exorcising Old Ghosts
Keeping Your Balance